Monday, March 27, 2006

The Wanderings....

Last weekend I saw an altogether new and a trifle baffling spelling for my name. It was Suijith. This was the "Mother of all Sujeet - related" spelling mistakes. I have seen various mistakes over the years, but they were mostly to do with the second half. This was the first time I have seen a first - half error. Followed by this spelling mistake was yet another entry into a quiz final. Its become a kind of habit entering a business quiz final and coming fourth odd in the finals. I hope the jinx will be broken soon.

The new mess hall in IIT Madras has opened. Its one real humongous place. For the first couple of days all the guys were out on a fault finding mission to this place. From measuring queue lengths at various times to commenting about the light bulbs to complaining about absence of TV et al. And for guys like me, for whom eating is just another activity to be ticked off thrice a day in the to-do list, operational functioning of the mess hall is a bigger curiosity than the food itself.

Digg is one really interesting news aggregator. Recently, through the RSS feed on my blog, I came across this rather amazing picture . The comments following that picture are also very enlightening.

Last weekend was the deadline for filing nominations for the Hostel Council Elections. The amount of hectic parleying we indulged in to stick to certain posts, to bargain some others, define a ratio for post sharing, and all this for a voluntary post!! I ll think twice before cursing the politicians now!!

The Chennai heat is definitely on now. Its really just the teaser, May - June will show the full power. To think that I had not used a fan in my room during my engineering days, where temperatures never went beyond 34 C really tells me how fast the times change, some day you are here, next day elsewhere. Wandering.

2 Comments:

Blogger Supreet Joshi said...

Wandering indeed.. like the direction of the post. Subliminal !

6:11 AM  
Blogger Supreet Joshi said...

That photo of "crashed" linux is cool..

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home