Sunday, February 12, 2006

Turn the clock back again because...

...I want to go to school on a Monday morning. I want to run around my school ground in white shorts. I want to balance those chemical equations. I want to watch Byomkesh Bakshi on a Tuesday night. I want to rush through my home work so that I can go and play. I want to sit on the floor cross-legged and read the Hindu Young World, with my brother on a Saturday afternoon. I want to score a goal. I want to play seven stones. I want to study Sanskrit at 5.30 am. I want to be the class monitor. I want to walk back home with my brother, and buy a Center-Fresh on the way. I want to ride my black and yellow Hero XS. I want to sleep at 10 pm.

I want to do all these and many more things all over again. Even if given a choice I would not do them differently. Beauty lies in imperfection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rashmi Kantharaja said...

Saturdays and Young world.... real nostalgia! How true.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Shourie Skanda Tejaswi said...

Very true indeed, and there are moments that I too crave to revisit the bygone. It is then that it strikes me that it is only apt that I enjoy the colours of the present and realise that it is this very colourful world (not limited to 16 million colors) that I will look back upon in a sepia tint and with great fondness only a little time later... that now is a moment no less beautiful or enchanting than the moments 10 years ago.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home